The I-Core is Hunter controller for demanding commercial and high-end residential applications. Loaded with innovative features like state of the art flow monitoring, quick system overview access, a factory-installed Smart Port, six language capability, and a bold, backlit display, the I-Core should be considered for most high-end irrigation projects. A big reason the I-Core is so unique is its sheer versatility. The plastic cabinet version is expandable from 6 to 30 stations, and the metal cabinet model can handle up to 42. Adding a DUAL two-wire module can even expand station capability to 48. Stainless steel and pedestal models are also available, providing a broad range of enclosure choices. With other add-on options like a ROAM or ROAM XL remote and the built-in conservation-focused Solar-Sync, I-Core possibilities are all but limitless.
Number of stations: 6 to 42 (48 stations with DUAL decoders)
Enclosure: Outdoor, plastic or metal
Independent programs: 4
Start times per program: 8 (A, B, C); 16 (D)
Max. station run time: 12 hrs
Warranty period: 5 years
WATERSENSE SMART WATERING CONTROLLER BY ADDING SOLAR SYNC
- By adding a Solar Sync to your Hunter controller, it transforms into a smart controller using local weather conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. A Hunter controller with Solar Sync has been independently proven to have a detailed list of water saving features and has been approved by the EPA as a Water Sense Smart Watering Controller.
REAL TIME FLOW MONITORING
- This feature permits connection of a flow meter to recognize high or low flow conditions and react automatically to alarms. The controller learns typical flows for each zone of irrigation and then monitors performance during automatic irrigation. When incorrect flows are detected, the controller can identify the faulty station and shut it down. Alarm parameters are user-programmable. Flow totals are recorded in controller memory to report system water usage.
EASY RETRIEVE MEMORY
- A manual back-up utility that stores complete controller scheduling and setup information in back-up memory. This allows the saved watering schedule to be restored at any time. This can be used to set a controller back to its initial settings after tampering or at the beginning of a new season.
ONE TOUCH MANUAL START AND ADVANCE
- Allows any program to be started manually by simply pressing and holding the right arrow key. Advance through stations in a program by pressing the right arrow key again.
PROGRAMMABLE RAIN DELAY
- The Programmable Rain Delay feature incorporates a user specified number of days to keep the controller in the OFF mode, then allows for the system to automatically revert back to scheduled irrigation. This will prevent watering during an extended period of inclement weather, but will resume watering automatically without requiring a return visit to the controller. The controller displays the number of days remaining before watering resumes.
- The Quick Check feature makes field wiring issues easy to assess with the push of a button. Quick Check displays an ERR message when a field wiring short is detected on a particular station number.
- This feature offers protection against unreliable power, retaining current time, date, and program data.
AUTOMATIC SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
- Automatic short circuit protection is a feature found in all Hunter AC powered controllers. This feature automatically detects electrical faults, which are typically caused by wiring issues. Only affected stations are skipped, allowing all other stations to water normally as programmed. There are no fuses to blow or internal circuit breakers to trip, so complete irrigation system shutdown is avoided.
SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT: GLOBAL, MONTHLY AND SOLAR SYNC FOR I-CORE
- This feature allows for quick adjustments to irrigation run times through a percentage scale. During peak season, set the seasonal adjust to 100%. If weather conditions require less water, enter the appropriate percentage value (i.e. 50%) to cut down irrigation run times without the need to adjust each station in the program. The I-Core offers three different ways to use Seasonal Adjustment to reduce water usage:
- Global: Provides a seasonal adjustment value to all selected programs.
- Monthly: Allows users to program a seasonal adjustment value for each month of the year. This is exclusively available on the I-Core, and works by automatically changing programmed seasonal adjustment value on the first day of every month.
- Solar Sync: When connected to the I-Core, the Solar Sync ET sensor implements an automatic daily adjustment based on measured local weather.
DELAY BETWEEN STATIONS FOR I-CORE AND ACC
- Users can program a delay between stations as the controller advances from one station to the next. This delay can range from a few seconds (to permit slow-closing valves additional time to close) to a much longer period of time (to allow pressure tanks time to recharge), based on user requirements. In ACC and I-Core, Delay Between Stations may be set by individual program.
SENSOR PROGRAMMABILITY FOR I-CORE
- Sensor Programmability feature allows the user to specify which stations should shut down in response to a sensor alarm, allowing specified stations or programs to run uninterrupted in the event of a sensor alarm.
CYCLE AND SOAK
- This water-saving feature allows the operator to specify a maximum cycle time for each single station in hours, minutes, or seconds, followed by a minimum soak time, to prevent runoff from slopes or saturated soil. The operator can enter any run time, and the controller will automatically divide it into cycles to allow the water to be absorbed during the soak periods. The feature is adjustable for each individual station or Block of stations for unique soil and site conditions.
NO WATER WINDOW
- User-specified periods of time during which the controller will not allow automatic irrigation. No Water Window can be used to comply with local watering restrictions or to prevent conflicts with pedestrian traffic. This setting does not affect manual watering options for local maintenance.
- Day(s) of the week can be programmed OFF in advance, so that irrigation does not occur regardless of program interval schedules. For example, if the gardener mows the lawn on Saturday, the Non-Water Days feature allows Saturday to be programmed OFF, so that watering will not occur.
SOLAR SYNC DELAY
- Solar Sync Delay allows the installer to specify a number of days before automatic weather adjustment begins. This allows a period of non-adjusted irrigation for grow-in or plant establishment purposes, without requiring a return visit to the site to enable the Solar Sync water-saving feature.
- I-Core can be programmed in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese.
TOTAL RUN TIME CALCULATOR
- This calculates the total duration of a program, based on all of its station run times. This can be used to calculate the end time of a program.