This entry-level residential controller offers simple operation with Solar Sync compatibility. With easy-to-configure control for up to 8 stations, including 3 programs and 4 start times each, the X-Core is the perfect solution for residential applications. Install the revolutionary Solar Sync ET sensor that regulates irrigation run times daily based on locally measured weather. X-Core is also compatible with Hunter remotes for quick, wireless activation of irrigation. Installation, operation, and maintenance are designed to be simple while still delivering optimal efficiency and reliability.
Number of stations: 2, 4, 6, 8
Enclosures: Indoor and outdoor
Independent programs: 3
Start times per program: 4
Max. station run time: 4 hrs
Warranty period: 2 years
WATERSENSE SMART WATERING CONTROLLER BY ADDING SOLAR SYNC
- By adding a Solar Sync to your Hunter controller, it transforms into a smart controller using local weather conditions to tailor watering schedules to actual conditions on the site. A Hunter controller with Solar Sync has been independently proven to have a detailed list of water saving features and has been approved by the EPA as a Water Sense Smart Watering Controller.
EASY RETRIEVE MEMORY
- A manual back-up utility that stores complete controller scheduling and setup information in back-up memory. This allows the saved watering schedule to be restored at any time. This can be used to set a controller back to its initial settings after tampering or at the beginning of a new season.
PROGRAMMABLE RAIN DELAY
- The Programmable Rain Delay feature incorporates a user specified number of days to keep the controller in the OFF mode, then allows for the system to automatically revert back to scheduled irrigation. This will prevent watering during an extended period of inclement weather, but will resume watering automatically without requiring a return visit to the controller. The controller displays the number of days remaining before watering resumes.
- The Quick Check feature makes field wiring issues easy to assess with the push of a button. Quick Check displays an ERR message when a field wiring short is detected on a particular station number.
- This feature offers protection against unreliable power, retaining current time, date, and program data.
AUTOMATIC SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
- Automatic short circuit protection is a feature found in all Hunter AC powered controllers. This feature automatically detects electrical faults, which are typically caused by wiring issues. Only affected stations are skipped, allowing all other stations to water normally as programmed. There are no fuses to blow or internal circuit breakers to trip, so complete irrigation system shutdown is avoided.
SEASONAL ADJUSTMENT: GLOBAL OR AUTOMATIC UPDATES WITH SOLAR SYNC
- This feature allows for quick adjustments to irrigation run times through a percentage scale. During peak season, set the seasonal adjustment to 100%. If weather conditions require less water, enter the appropriate percentage value (i.e. 50%) to cut down irrigation run times without the need to adjust each station in the program. This model offers two different ways to use Seasonal Adjustment to reduce water usage: Global and Daily.
- Global: The Global option provides a Seasonal Adjustment percentage to all station Run Times on all of the controller's Programs.
- Daily: With the addition of a Solar Sync ET Sensor, the controller has the ability to automatically implement daily adjustments based on measured local weather.
DELAY BETWEEN STATIONS
- Users can program a delay between stations as the controller advances from one station to the next. This delay can range from a few seconds (to permit slow-closing valves additional time to close) to a much longer period of time (to allow pressure tanks time to recharge), based on user requirements.
- The ability to specify which program will be shut down in response to a specific sensor alarm. This allows programs unaffected by the sensor to continue automatic operations.